RSS

6 Comments

Posted by on October 9, 2011 in Weekly photo challenge

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Weekly Photo Challenge- comfort

1. diggingher

October 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I was deeply pained by your story and how you were treated. I am a breast nurse navigator in a large tertiary hospital. While a most the women I care for have had breast cancer there are others like yourself who do not. It saddens me when health care professionals impose personal opinions and in your case incorrect facts on people that are struggling to make difficult choices. In my care it is very important to me that the individual be recognized and treated with respect and compassion always. I am so sorry for you pain and loss of you many family members.

• bashert04

October 9, 2011 at 7:43 pm

I really do appreciate you writing and giving me your opinion as a nurse in that field.

2. Jo Bryant

October 9, 2011 at 6:55 pm

great posting

3. changeversations

October 9, 2011 at 9:19 pm

I’m sorry for your loss and the pain you’ve experienced, bashert04. I can only imagine the comfort you have now after having to make such a difficult decision. I wish you continued good health. 🙂

• bashert04

October 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words.

4. 2e0mca

October 12, 2011 at 4:55 pm

These are all beautiful photos and you have put your art to good use in highlighting the issues faced by both breast cancer sufferers and those living in the shadow of the risks of transferred genes. Choices in these situations are stark and not easily arrived at. I hope you have found comfort from your decision and that all will be well for the future.